Tuesday, March 23, 2010

One Good Reason

Why am I an Atheist? I’m a woman with self respect, enough said…

I can claim something few Christians can...I've read the bible from cover to cover...without a guild to tell me how to interpret it...and this is just some of the BS I find:

Two bible verses sum up its position on women:

"I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee."--Genesis 3:16

&

"Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression."--1 Tim. 2:11-14


One bible verse alone, "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" (Exodus 22:18) is responsible for the death of tens of thousands, if not millions, of women. Do women and those who care about them need further evidence of the great harm of Christianity?

Church writer Tertullian said "each of you women is an Eve . . . You are the gate of Hell, you are the temptress of the forbidden tree; you are the first deserter of the divine law."

Martin Luther decreed: "If a woman grows weary and at last dies from childbearing, it matters not. Let her die from bearing, she is there to do it."

And...for some reason there are more Christian women than there are men....I seriously don't get it.

Some people like to cheery pick there way through the bible, but the bottom line is that god was an evil spiteful murderous hateful sexist and xenophobic jerk and
religion is terrorism.

0 comments: